Every school has a governing body.
- Parents elected by other parents at the school.
- Teachers elected by their colleagues.
- A governor elected by support staff.
- Local Authority governors.
- Governors co-opted by other members of the governing body.
- The headteacher.
Our governors bring a range of experience and interests from many walks of life. They work closely with others to make good decisions, and to make sure their decisions are followed up. It will help if you are a good listener. You should make time to visit the school and spend time with the staff, by doing this you will stand a much better chance of understanding how the school works.
What do our Governors do?
Our governors work as a team. They are responsible for making sure the school provides a good quality education and ensuring that the school has high expectations of what our pupils can achieve. When setting the school aims and policies our governors also promote effective ways of teaching and learning.
A governor's appointment is for four years.
Our governing body's main role is to help raise standards of achievement. It:
- is accountable for the performance of the school to parents and the wider community
- plans the school's future direction
- selects the headteacher
- makes decisions on the school's budget and staffing
- makes sure the national curriculum is taught
- decides how the school can encourage pupil's spiritual, moral and social development
- makes sure the school provides for all its pupils, including those with special needs.
Our governors support and challenge us by gathering views, asking questions and deciding what's best for the school. Should you wish to contact a governor, you may do so through the school address. A list of our governors is provided below:
|VIV THORPE||LA|| ||
|JOHN COLLINSON||LA|| ||*
|DAVID WHITELEY||LA|| ||
|MIKE GALEY (CHAIR)||CG||*|| || |
|MICKIE O’TOOLE (VICE-CHAIR)||CG||
|DAVID THOMSON||CG|| ||
|JAMES MAIN Community Governor linked to SEN||CG
||*|| || |
||TG|| ||*|| |
|| || |
|CHRIS BASS||PG|| ||
|JOANNE GRAY||PG|| || || |
|LINDA SANDERSON||PG|| || || |
||PG|| || || |
|MICK BOTFIELD (caretaker)
co-opted as non-Governor
|| || ||
|STEVE BUCK (Union rep)
|| || ||
CG Community Governor
PG Parent Governor
SG Staff Governor
TG Teacher Governor
LA Local Authority Governor